The dreaded poo pyramid... Help!

Any tips/tricks for busting down an already formed “poo pyramid” (black tank build up)? :poop:

I would put about half full of water and use Happy Camper to break it down. Drive around for a while to get it to work. I use Happy Camper regularly in mine. Always start your trips with about an inch or so of water in you black tank.

1 Like

#1. When your black water tank is connected at an RV resort, avoid leaving the dump valve open continuously. Water flows out, but solid waste does not, leading to a buildup. Instead, keep the water and your chosen enzyme in the tank, and only release the valve as necessary to prevent blockages.

#2. If you’re dealing with a solid waste mound, don’t wait for legal help regarding local ‘Homestead Laws.’ Instead, try this: take 5-15 pounds of crushed ice (depending on the mound and tank size), mix in a cup of table salt and a cup of lemon juice. Go for a drive—the salt and lemon will solidify the ice, and its abrasive action during the drive should help break down the waste. The lemon juice also acts as a freshener. By following the first tip, you can avoid this issue altogether.

Dumping tip: Before leaving a park, close both the black and gray water valves the night before. When dumping, release the black water first and the gray water second, which helps clean out the pipes before you rinse with fresh water. Note: Newer RV systems may differ from older ones, so please follow your manufacturer’s recommendations.

1 Like